Don’t miss this opportunity to attend the 2020 American Laser Study Club (ALSC) 3rd Annual Symposium held February 28, 29 and March 1, 2020, at the Delray Beach Marriott near Fort Lauderdale, FL. “Breathe and Thrive” is the theme of the 2020 Symposium and it is focused on airway disorders. Join us for more than 40 exhilarating presentations in three sessions by veterinarians, physicians, dentists, and other specialists.* CE credits will be provided and hands-on laser training will be available. To learn more click here.
The symposium will offer one joint session, three break-out sessions, and hands-on wet labs:
- Veterinary Laser Medicine Session – Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome (BOAS) and More
- Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Laser Frenectomies Session – Sleep, Airway, Myofunctional Therapy, and More
- Pediatric Laser Frenectomies and Beyond Session – Pediatric Tongue-Ties, Breastfeeding, and More
- Hands-On Wetlabs – 4 veterinary labs that will be limited to 8 attendees per lab.
Below are just SOME of the presenters and presentations scheduled for the Symposium*:
Keynote Speakers / Joint Session
- William Schultz, DVM – “BOAS, Airways Disorders, and Laser Surgeries to Help Companion Animals Breathe & Thrive”
- Robert A. Strauss, DDS, MD, FACS – “Laser physics for poets: how the good practitioner uses basic principles for the best clinical laser results”
- C. Kumar N. Patel, PhD, MS – “Kumar Patel Prize in Laser Surgery 2020 Award Ceremony”
Veterinary Laser Medicine Session
- Pedro Azevedo, DVM, MSc, Pst-Grd – “Advantages of the CO2 laser use in total mastectomy surgery outcome in bitches”
- Noel A. Berger, DVM, MS, Dip. ABLS – “Its’ neck and neck… and the CO2 laser wins!”
- Miguel Carreira, PhD, MSc, DTO, Pst-Grd, DMD, DVM, CMVAA – “CO2 laser surgery in the management of nasal mucosa infiltrative carcinoma in dogs – Three clinical cases” and “Comparing the blade scalpel and CO2 laser surgery in the management of nasopharyngeal masses in dogs”
- John C. Godbold, Jr., DVM – “Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome in Veterinary Patients & The CO2 Laser Paradigm Shift” and “Veterinary Photobiomodulation Therapy Contraindications, Special Considerations, and Precautions – 2020 Update”
- Jakub Kaczmarek, DVM, ECVS Resident – “Brachycephalic Syndrome: The Inconvenient Truths” and “The urogenital surgery: smooth, quick and without bleeding. Is it possible?”
- Ziemowit Kudła, DVM – “Breathing – with BOAS Syndrome” and “Our youngest patients who, thanks to early CO2 laser surgical intervention, have a chance to live and grow normally”
- Christopher J. Winkler DVM, VMLSO, Dip. ABLS – “Palates, Polyps, and Pinnae (Oh My!): Improving the Quality of Life of Pets with Lasers”
- Chih-Ming “Jimmy” Yu, DVM – “How surgical laser help a veterinary practice grow”
Hands-On Laser Surgery Wet Labs
Soft-tissue laser surgery hands-on wet labs will be available during the Symposium at no additional cost to attendees. This is a great opportunity for clinicians to try out soft-tissue surgical lasers first hand and simulate the variety of soft tissue procedures on tissue samples (pig jaws). This is intended for both new and advanced laser surgeons. Continuing education credits will be provided during these wet labs.
Earn Continuing Education Credits
Veterinary CE credits will be provided through the AAVSB’s Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE) program.
About the ALSC
The American Laser Study Club promotes science-based laser surgery, and safety education. The ALSC fills the void in current laser surgery education (i.e., the physics of laser-tissue interaction, such as absorption, scattering, ablation, coagulation and hemostasis, soft and hard tissue ablation, laser safety, etc.) and helps physicians, dentists, veterinarians and practice staff members to excel at efficient and safe application of laser energy in everyday practice.
*Information, terms, conditions, program, schedule and list of speakers in this communication are subject to change without prior notice. This is not the final list of presenters or presentations; this is only a preview.